Panic attack can occur in two main forms:
- Random: Occur at any time without warning.
- Triggered: by recognized although not necessarily understood.
Symptoms of panic attack:
- Dizziness, sweating, hot flashes, fast heart rate, fast breathing, trembling, clammy palms, diarreohea, vomiting, nausea, visual disturbance, paralysis, body tingling, numbness, creeping sensation on the skin. (FEAR).
- Seems like: Heart attack, can start with strange feeling anywhere in the body perhaps chest.
How panic attack occur
When it becomes self-cycle “anticipating another panic attack”. Fear triggers stress response “fight or flight” increase release of adrenaline, speed up in breathing rate lead to increase oxygen exchange in the lungs, and consequently the heart rate increases to keep pace with high speed of breathing and eventually produce surge of adrenaline.
How to overcome Panic attacks:-
- Work at relaxation techniques to lower stress level.
- In therapeutic context use of hypnotherapy and hypnoanalysis to release the core cause of panic attacks.
- Teach copying strategy such as trigger word or action.
- Anchoring technique plus creating calming visual image.
- Learning self hypnosis to relax and meditate.
- Preventive measures
- Understanding of stress response.
- Understand and Learn different breathing techniques.